Patient Coordinator / Medical Office Administrator job in
Full-Time — OntarioApply Now
Whitby pt Health Physiotherapy Centre in Mississauga, ON is looking to hire a Full-Time Patient Coordinator to join their team!
Our Patient Coordinators are an important part of our team who provide outstanding administrative support to patients, co-workers and stakeholders, in keeping with the pt Health commitment to patient centered care. They ensure the efficient, professional and organized operation of the clinic office.
What you would do:
- Ensure optimal patient care through friendly, enthusiastic and professional service with all patients and team members
- Answer telephone calls, greet patients and visitors upon arrival, and provide excellent customer service for all questions or concerns.
- Coordinate a detailed and accurate intake of information on the patient’s first visit to the clinic.
- Register new patients in line with acceptable standards of the clinic; support patients in filling medical forms at the clinic to avoid errors and inaccurate information.
- Using electronic medical record files and coordinating the scheduling of future appointments for patients with all providers as directed.
- Ensuring optimal patient care by suggesting additional services or products as indicated, and in the patient’s best interest.
- Collect payment at time of service and follow up on outstanding payments.
- Complete accurate clinic billing and follow up on accounts receivable as required.
- Produce accurate end of day reports.
- Other administrative tasks as assigned by the Clinic Team Manager
What you need:
- Previous Medical Office Administrator
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to maintain effective rapport with patients and staff members
- Ability to exercise good judgement, resourceful, strong organizational skills
- Ability to investigate, understand and resolve issues that arise from billing, collections and multiple funding sources
- Remain “cool, calm and collected” in high pressure situations
- Able to adapt to change with clinic operations to continuously learn and strive for improved Patient care
- Self-starter with an ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment
- Full-Time – Monday to Friday 9am – 3pm
pt Health I 25 Years of Exceptional Care I Great Place to Work Certified
pt Health accommodates the individual needs of applicants with disabilities within the recruitment process. Please call us at 1 (866) 872-0587 or email us if you require accommodation to ensure your equal participation in the recruitment and selection process.
When the first pt Health clinic opened in Ontario in 1993, it was founded with a clear vision for the future. Even from the very start, we wanted to be a company that valued inspiration, communication, working together, and never being satisfied with the status quo. We wanted to be a place where patients came to get well and stay well. And we wanted to be an inspiration to ourselves as well as others.
Now, with over 100 clinics across Canada, we're living that dream. Our multidisciplinary approach to patient care means our clinicians communicate and work together collaboratively, learning from and teaching each other throughout their careers. We support each other as we grow and learn and expand pt Health HR Website 2 our skills both as clinicians and as people.
Our vision? We not only want to change the lives of our patients, we want to change the face of healthcare in Canada.
We believe that a clear, value-based vision for our company is what sets us apart and makes pt Health a unique place for you to build your career. Our 5 core values are what shape the growth and direction of our company and guide us every day.
Learn and Inspire
Continuous learning and inspiring others through mentorship
At pt Health, we believe you should never stop learning. Whether you are a recent graduate, new to pt Health, or want to enhance your skill set, pt Health wants to you to have the opportunity to reach the goals you set for yourself during your career. This can be demonstrated through continuous learning and development through additional programs and courses specific to your role, or the pt Health online training centre for independent study and position specific training. Most importantly, working in our collaborative clinic model allows you to both inspire and be inspired. We know that constant learning means that we will always be able to provide our patients with the best level of care possible.
Open and Honest Communications
Transparency and truth in continuous dialogue
We believe it is paramount that we all communicate and stay connected to what is happening with pt Health as a company. How do we make this happen? First, company information is distributed online and via e-mail to keep you up to date with helpful announcements. We conduct bi-annual employee surveys to collect feedback from our teams and then use that feedback to help guide our company activities and new employee programs. We also support communication via our online training centre and issue weekly newsletters that highlight new hires, openings, promotions, contests, and clinic updates. Finally, in what we like to call our quarterly Town Hall meetings, we keep all employees aware of business strategies, company programs, activities, and awards.
All Hands In
Total team unity and strength by working together
It’s very common to hear pt Health team members say they have each other’s back. That’s because there is a supportive team dynamic at every level of our company. We believe that a unity of purpose brings strength and focus to a team. This connectedness of our clinic and corporate teams drives our business to grow together and succeed together. . We know that if we focus on a goal as a team, we’ll reach uncommon results. This philosophy helps both our patients and employees achieve their objectives at the highest level possible. Whatever goals we set, whatever dreams we have, we will reach them together.
The Extra Mile
Striving to go above and beyond
We’re not satisfied with just being good…we believe in being extraordinary. Our clinicians are constantly striving to improve their clinical skills to make sure pt Health patients get the best care available. From the moment a patient calls our Patient Care Centre, we do everything we can to give each patient an ideal customer service experience. That means ensuring that our processes are efficient, listening to our team members and patients, making our clinics warm and welcoming spaces, and going out of our way to give patients every option to get well and stay well. Every day, we listen to the feedback from our team because their experiences help us to do everything possible to be better than we were the day before. A culture that elicits and respects feedback means that we constantly raise the bar in performance professionally and for our customers.
Our goal is to make a difference in the lives of every single patient who comes to a pt Health clinic. As a company, we also want to make the same kind of positive impact in the lives of our employees. Within our collaborative model, our clinicians treat a wide range of injuries, commit to helping patients manage chronic conditions, and dedicate themselves to making sure our patients are on the road to recovery. We never stop learning from each other, improving our clinical skills, and we support each other as we strive to continually improve patient outcomes.
As a company, pt Health supports our employees by providing an extended benefits package, mentorship opportunities, a continuing education allowance, and the ability to move into management and leadership positions. We know you are committed to the well-being of your patients. For our part, we are committed to your well-being as a pt Health employee.
Which track are you?
Clinical Track — be an respected clinical leader in the company as a trusted resource
Management Track — progress to being a manager of a clinic team or even a group of clinics